FOR FUN THAT LASTS
By following simple, common-sense rules, you and your family can make the most out of every adventure on the Buffalo Blueway.
SHARE THE WATERS WITH OTHER WATER CRAFTS
- All vessels STAY CLEAR of freighters, barges and dredging operations
- Paddlers must STAY CLEAR of and defer to power-driven craft
- Paddlers should STAY OUT of the middle of the channel
- Paddlers should only cross the channel in a straight line or 90-degree angle
- Small power craft DEFER to larger power craft, or less maneuverable craft
- Small power craft should use the middle of the channel
- All craft DEFER to sailboats under SAIL
Learn more through Buffalo Niagara Waterkeeper’s essential paddling and boating videos.