Take Photos, Leave a Wake
Be a good steward of the water, taking photos and leaving just a wake.
Watch the Weather
Dress for the weather and be aware of potential storms and changing weather conditions.
Let a close contact know about your plans or share your float plan with someone who is staying on land.
RULES OF THE ROAD
SHARE THE WATERS WITH OTHER WATER CRAFTS
- All vessels STAY CLEAR of freighters, barges and dredging operations.
- Paddlers must STAY CLEAR of and defer to power-driven craft.
- Paddlers should STAY OUT of the middle of the channel.
- Paddlers should only cross the channel in a straight line or 90-degree angle.
- Small power craft DEFER to larger power craft, or less maneuverable craft.
- Small power craft should use the middle of the channel.
- All craft DEFER to sailboats under SAIL.